- Checking for dust build up and blocked airflow
- Cleaning if necessary
- Voltage checks if necessary
These checks are updated constantly as new issues are en-counted, and are documented in the Visitek diagnostics software. This software records the computer’s identifying keys, and current state. In addition it creates alerts in relation to the performance and possible issues on each machine. The software has been designed to audit the computer system, and has access to hundreds of pieces of software in the event of any audit notifications.
The basic checks involve the following:
- Check up-to-date Anti-Virus software
- Ensure all Microsoft security updates have been downloaded and installed.
- Updates of browser security options as they happen from time to time.
- Check the validity of all processes currently running in memory and loaded via registry.
- Scan then registry for unauthorised software execution.
- Scan of all processes and verifying check sum against stored values. This will show what executable software has been added, and verify any changed or added software against check sums.
- Reviewing logs for faults
- Check the Device Manager for device errors
- Clean / remove unnecessary temporary files if appropriate
- De-fragment windows disk if necessary
- Check for added rogue or social software