WHAT NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED ?
- All patient health care information that is:
- Electronic Data includes information that is:
- Insurance Claims
- Consent Forms
- Patient Records
Compliance with regulations can be difficult with paper based records systems. The main challenges are security of the information, tracking and reporting on who has had access to it, and implementing policies related to PHI (personal health information).
- Protection of written information
- How to store and index written information
- Retention of electronic data and transfer protection
- Server, network and work station configuration
- User data and tracking
- Database protection
- Email protection
- Backup of electronic data and Disaster Recovery