Hackers are becoming more sophisticated at attacking and accessing private data, committing identity fraud and downloading sensitive data. As a result, Visitek has investigated and installed firewalls at the start of a business network in order to help prevent unauthorised access to your network.
There is a need to filter, monitor, control and report on; Malware, social-media, instant messaging etc. – all without impacting on the local network. In fact the hardware firewall we propose can store commonly downloaded files so that it reduces your network traffic outside the network.
- Create rules to prevent access from specified IP addresses or networks.
- Can prioritise the different types of traffic on your network
- Timed access This is where you configure when clients on your protected network may have access to the external network or Internet.
- You can prioritise the different types of traffic on your network.
- Extensive logs are available .. for example:
- Attempted access to your network stopped by the firewall
- Contains logged information on the emails passing though
- Information on potentially malicious attempted access to your network
- Firewall logs indicating source and destination IP numbers
- Intrusion detection logs
- Instant Message logs
- Email logs
- Web Proxy .. Stores commonly accessed information locally .. therefore speeding up your internet connection.
- Instant messaging monitoring
- Emails containing viruses can be replaced with an explanation email containing details of the email including the name of the detected virus. (on port 110)
- The Intrusion Detection Service (IDS) detects potential security breach attempts from outside your network.
- Monthly maintenance includes updates and monitoring of these services
- Traffic across the network interfaces
- Real-time network bandwidth usage